Who in the actual fuck is Domina Jen?
In a word?
Aside from that, I’m a tattooed, foul-mouthed, emotionally constipated, remarkably twisted, mostly good-natured Dominant woman with a very robust love of myself. I have many faults. A lack of self esteem is not one of them.
So here’s what you need to know.
I’m a 35-year-old polyamorous Dominant living with my submissive husband, Kazander, and our 10-year-old daughter. I have another boy, Sounder, and a couple of pets here and there (you can read more about them in the Cast of Characters).
I live in Las Vegas. I was born and raised here, tried leaving twice, and ended up coming back both times. I’m done trying to leave. I love Vegas.
The only real faults with Nevada are the surprisingly strict obscenity laws prohibiting BDSM (yeah, I’m totally an outlaw), and (because I’m a mother) the fact that we rank dead last in the country for education. I counter this by homeschooling my kid. Yes, I’m a stay-at-home mom.
I’m very honest, open, direct, and to the point. I don’t do subtlety well (sometimes I don’t do tact all that well, either), and I have no patience for mind games. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. There is no “reading between the lines” here.
I’m like a ray of fucking sunshine from hell, okay? Like, I’m dazzling and delightful, but if you’re weak, you won’t survive.
So what’s with this blog?
This blog originally started as a personal journal, a way to chronicle my thoughts and feelings as I navigated through the complicated-as-fuck world of motherhood and marriage with a man who occasionally struggles with his submissiveness (trust me, this isn’t a slam against him. I’m not easy to live with, either).
You see, it’s that emotional constipation thing. I often have trouble talking about my feelings. You know, like, in person. So this started out as an outlet for me to express my psychosis in a neutral and anonymous way.
But then my ego got involved. As it is occasionally wont to do.
Now, it’s a shameless testament to my self love, as well as (I hope) a place where people can come and ask questions, and/or learn a thing or two. I will never profess to know everything, or even a fraction of everything, but I’ve been doing this awhile. I know a good bit about it.
Random weird facts about me
- I’m a Star Wars fan, and will debate it for hours with anyone within earshot.
- I do many things well, but not-rambling isn’t one of them.
- I’m a feminist and an activist for issues that men face, but are largely ignored because they’re men. Yes, you can be both.
- I’m an Aquarius. And for the most part, I’m a pretty typical one.
- I’m an ENTP. Pretty typical there, too.
- I call myself an amateur psychologist. The way the human mind works is a subject that fascinates me.
- I never finished college, but majored in anthropology when I went, and wanted to have a double major in anthropology and theology, with a minor in English.
- Anthropology is still a pretty big hobby of mine. All four branches completely fascinate me.
- I love music, and have pretty eclectic tastes. Some favorite bands are Muse, 3 Doors Down, Disturbed, Slipknot, Backstreet Boys (shut up, don’t judge me), Sublime, Green Day, Halestorm, and Hozier. I also like Josh Groban, Idina Menzel, Renee Fleming, and Angela Gheorghiu. My idol is Diana Damrau.
- I’m an opera-trained soprano, and am pretty decent, if I do say so, myself. Or, I used to be. Vocal nodules severe enough to need surgery kinda messed that up.
- I can also play flute, piano, and ukulele, and have written a couple of songs.
- I live in Las Vegas, which is a desert, and I am a pure desert rat. I love it here, and feel odd and claustrophobic whenever I spend significant amounts of time in other climates.
Of course, no one can expect to gain a clear picture from a 700-word “About Me” page. I highly recommend browsing through Domina Jen 101 to get some greater insight.